What is Dal?
Dal is an online community that brings together people from different backgrounds, skill levels, and talents, who have one thing in common: the passion to create something beautiful.
Through this community, Dal focuses on three main “creator” categories:
– Less fortunate individuals: We aim to support this segment of society by assisting them in transforming their hobbies into thriving businesses. To do so, we offer free educational content on varied topics such as acrylic painting, epoxy resin, and woodwork, to name a few, which are designed to help them enhance and diversify their projects, while maintaining their unique style. Additionally, we also supply them with the resources they need to complete their projects, and we work on promoting their creations to local and international audiences to increase their exposure and enable them to generate more revenues.
– Small-scale professionals: For this category – which includes skilled, but lesser-known artists – we channel our efforts towards marketing their products and creations to a broader audience both locally and globally, while at the same time benefiting from their
expertise through collaborating with them to produce our educational content.
– Seasoned creators: Despite being well-known, seasoned creators may be less accessible to the public, which is why we focus on opening a channel of communications between them and other people through our profiles section. Moreover, we provide such creators with the opportunity to give back to the community either by donating an agreed-upon percentage of their revenues through our website, or by mentoring aspiring creators towards their paths to success.
How Do We Work?
Our concept is simple, yet, it branches out to cover different aspects of the creative process.
– Online courses: We give people the know-hows!
– We put a lot of effort to gather and create informative articles and videos about fundamental and trending topics relating to arts, crafts, and DIY tutorials. The content we offer is the best of the best, which saves the learner time and effort as they can find accurate, precise information on their topic of interest in one place.
– Tools and materials: We make available whatever it is needed to create!
We know how frustrating it is when a person is excited to create a project only to find that the materials or tools needed aren’t available, which is why we actively seek to provide anything a person might require to produce their project. Whether by contracting with local and international shops, or by in-house production, we make sure to have everything within access.
– Marketing and promotion: We ensure visibility!
We see and admire beauty, and we want the world to see it too! So, we take the products and crafts made by brilliant individuals and we promote it to the world to help them reach broader audiences and increase their revenues, while showcasing our local culture in other countries,
particularly since a great number of creations are influenced by the Jordanian heritage.
– Building a community: Let’s connect!
We envision Dal as a place where professional and amateur creators connect with one another and with art and craft enthusiasts. We aim for this platform to be a multi-way
means for exchanging knowledge, ideas, and expertise.
Why Choose Dal?
Why choose Dal over other platforms? The answer is simple. It is because we have bigger
values than generating profit and we embed them in everything we do!
– We encourage self-expression
– We help make your space or home reflect your identity
– We assist you in reducing your expenses by showing you how to do it yourself
– We teach you how to “catch the fish” rather than “buying it”
– We promote environmental practices such as recycling and reusing – Don’t throw thing away; turn them into beautiful, useful pieces!
– We want the world to see the magnificence of Jordanian culture in every creation we market- We help you make use of your free time!
– We want you to take a moment and work on your hobby
– We want you to make money while having fun!